We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Nov. 22nd - "I'm Thankful for: "

     My bed.
     First though, just for the record, yes, I do realize that a lot of other people have already listed this as one of the things they are thankful for. No, I am not trying to copy anybody. Although I personally do not mind in the least, if somebody is so in agreement with something I have listed, that they chose to list it themselves.
     Secondly, who ever it is that's keeping record on all of this .... I think your time would be much better spent doing pretty much anything else. o;-p
    Now, back to my bed....
    Actually, I have done that a LOT the last couple of years. My bed has become a welcoming refuge from the challenges my body has been putting me through. True, my body is still there with me. But sometimes, while laying on my bed, the bodies symptoms aren't as extreme. And other times, my bed has even been able to subdue them to the point of not even being noticeable. Well, at least till I get up and moving around again. But while I was in it, the bed won. Bliss!
     Just like pretty much everything else in life, different people like different types of bed's. Actually, the part I'm referring the most to, is the mattress. There are so many different types of mattress's, and there are people out there for every single different kind. Personally, I prefer that my mattress have a clue I'm on it, not be so extremely hard that your quite sure it never noticed your presence. On the other end of the scale, I don't like a mattress so soft that it literally envelopes me. And I have never been a big fan of water beds. Now that I am 'vertigo girl' (my newest dubbed title around here ;-p), water beds are out - of - the - question !!! Goodness.
     Right now it is thundering, and raining, and I'm feeling the thunder move the loose stones in my head, and the fall rain is making my allergies flare, thus making my lungs rather heavy. But never fear - my bed is near!!! :-)
     And it once again has the oh so wonderful electric mattress pad on it (HIGHLY recommend those!!!!). As well as a couple of cozy blankets. ...  . All of them are combining their voices in calling me to them ....  o;-p
     But I had intended to again attack the laundry today. And I need to make the shopping list for Thanksgiving pie ingredients. And Kate is coming by this evening :-D. ... Okay bed, I'll climb in ... but only for a brief reprieve.   ... o:-p
    Lord, thank you for the luxury of a comfortable bed!


The 2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge   - if you don't know what this is, follow the lead on our side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]