We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nov. 17th - "I'm Thankful for:"

     Being 'gifted' with creativity.
     Yes, I really do believe it is a gift. Just as amazing singing voices are, and the ability to be the kind of teacher that students actually learn from is, and high athletic abilities are, and high math aptitudes are (such as my friend Jordon, whom immediately after you tell her your phone number, can give you the total of those numbers. She can't help it. That's just the way her brain works.), and being mechanically minded is (some people just 'get' how machines operate, etc. while others struggle to learn it, or never do get a real handle on it.), and photographic memories are, and many many other things that we don't always list under the 'gifts' category.
     I am thankful for being blessed with the gift of creativity, because I thourally enjoy using it!!! Like when I made all of the corsages and boutonnieres for Byron and Cyndi's MI wedding reception . And when I made the quilt for our grand daughter. As well as many many other things I have made / projects I have done over the years. I just plain get my own version of an adrenaline high out of doing them. Weird? Maybe. But I honestly don't mind if I am. I ENJOY being creative!
    Another reason that I am thankful for being blessed with it, is because I know that not everybody has been. Yes, EVERY-body have (or should that be 'has'?) some type of gifts. But not everybody has been blessed with the gift of creativity. That is why to me, it is something I have been blessed with. And I am very thankful that I have been!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

CLICK HERE to go to the original posting and read about our "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge. Yes, you can still join up!

We'd also like to encourage you to visit these sites, whom are participating in our challenge:

DeAnna from Coffee On The Table

Cate from Call Me Cate

'my' Kate, via her Facebook page

Martha (MM) from Meandering - Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]