We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

(Be-lated) Nov. 27th - "I'm Thankful for: "

   The fact that I am not like everybody else.
   (Hey, who just said, "that's an understatement!!!" ?  o:-> )
  
    There are two different aspects to this 'thankful for' point.

    First off, what if everybody really was completely like everybody else?
  - there would be no fun in 'people watching'!
  - Buffets wouldn't need to carry quite such an array of food, cause everybody would like the same stuff.
  - You wouldn't get good chuckles while looking at clothing in store windows or on racks, there would be no marketability to making those items any more.
 
   But which one of us would everybody be like?!?
  - While I do have some good qualities, I also admit that I have my faults. Faults that I am positive every body should not have!
  - And I am very analytical (who said "overly so"?!?! o;-p) But that wouldn't be needed as much if we were all exactly like one another.
  - And I am quite in touch with reality (not always fond of it, mind you, but in touch with it never-the-less). But what a weird reality it would be if we were all totally alike!
  - And I am very logical. A trait that I think a lot of people should strive to adapt. o;-) But that still doesn't make me "the perfect specimen".
  - So while I have good traits, no, everybody should not be just like me! But the fact is, I can't think of anybody that we should all be exactly like. The fact is, I can think of some people we all should strive hard not to be like!!!
  - Therefore, I am very thankful that we are not all exactly alike!

    Secondly, I am glad the God chose to have me be "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalms 139). As well as how he "gave each of us different gifts" (Bother, I can't think of that reference right now, and my eyes definitely can not handle flipping pages looking for it :-[ ). "To some He gave the gift of...., and to others..., "
     In previous 'thankful for' postings, I have mentioned a few of the 'gifts' I have been blessed with. Things such as, 'cooking and baking', 'creativity' and 'active imagination'. Like I mentioned then, I know that not everybody has those gifts. I am thankful that I do. But that also means that others have gifts that I do not. And I am happy for them as well. In part, because just like some friends enjoy me using my gifts for their benefit, I enjoy others using their own gifts for my benefit!  And also because that means that everybody does have 'gifts'!

   Yes, there have been many a time that I haven't really been thankful for being 'different' from others. It does have it's challenges! Then again, I think in great part the challenges arise due to how man kind tries to make everybody be like one another. I am so thankful the God created us all different. He did not intend for all to us to fit in the same little box, or to come out of the cookie cutter exactly the same, even though he did only use two cookie cutters - a male one and a female one. He created us all different from one another on purpose. That means he meant to. That means we aren't all suppose to be a-like!!! "Praise the Lord and pass the chocolate!!!"  o;-p

- - :-) - - :-) - - :-) - - :-) - - :-) - - :-) - - :-)
You might also enjoy this posting about me being 'different':

 Dec. 31st, '05 - I am a "free spirit"  



The 2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge   - if you don't know what this is, follow the lead on our side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]