We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nov. 2nd - "I'm Thankful for: "

    My freedom as an American citizen to vote.
    Today is the first Tuesday of the month of November, which here in America means it's 'Election Day'. While we are not voting for a President this year, who we vote for, for the Congressional and Senate seats, will greatly affect the policies the residing President can and can not pass. Therefore, our getting out and voting today, is highly important!
     As some of you know, I have strong definite opinions about all of this. Therefore, if your not sure whom you should vote for, I would be most happy to assist you o;-)
     As our son Brent has pointed out, you can't decide whom you want to vote for by their TV commercials anymore. All they are, are mud slinging campaigns :-[  One of our local ones is so bad that it has drawn national attention. Thanks a lot mud slinger! THAT is NOT what we want our area known for!!!
     But never the less, I am very thankful that God chose to have me be born an American!!! And I am thankful that I have both the right and responsibility as one of her citizens, to voice my opinion and even have it counted via voting.  God HAS blessed America!!! And I pray that America chooses to keep honoring God!

The 2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge   - if you don't know what this is, follow the lead on our side bar.

1 comment:

  1. from 'my' Kate via her Face-book page - Today I am thankful for the Nineteenth Amendment, Mr. VanEnk who taught it to me in 11th grade, and Wikipedia so I could look it back up because for some reason I always get it mixed up with 17. :)"

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]