We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Nov. 19th - "I'm Thankful for:"

     Having been born with good eye sight.
     I am fully aware that blind people adapt. That other of their senses get used way more than people with good eye sight use them themselves. I clearly remember just such a blind person from my youth. My mom was extremely good friends with this lady named Toni. Toni's husband had a sister whom was blind. I was totally intrigued with her, and thus studied her like a hawk when ever I got the chance. And she totally knew I was. I was considerably embarrassed when she let me know that she knew I was. And yet, she was very kind about it. Even insisting that I question her about anything I wanted to. I learned a LOT from her! Things that I still find myself using to this day.
      So I know that blind people are able to 'see' via other methodologies. But I am still ever so thankful that I can see via my eyes. That I was born with good eye sight.
     Now true, reading in bed after what was suppose to have been 'lights out', would have been way easier to pull off via reading a braille book, then it was by using a flashlight and hiding under the covers. o;-p  But not being able to see expressions and actions of the cast of a movie, let alone the scenery, etc. in them, well, I'm just so thankful that I can.
      And that I CAN see my husbands face. I love seeing how his eyes sparkle when he's teasing me. Or his love for me radiating out of them. Or sharing a 'look' over something going on around us.
      And that I CAN see our sons. Oh the joy I got from looking at their new born little faces. I will admit, I also thourally loved touching and holding them. But I am thankful I was also able to see them. And that I still can. I have pretty good looking sons. Yes, I am bias. So?!!! o;-p  And they too have sparklie  eyes when they are being mischievous. (a trait they learned a bit to well from their father! ;-p)
     And you know how much I enjoy watching our adorable grand daughter. And seeing the impishness of her little grin.
     And watching Boo's antics. He cracks me up on a regular basis!!
     And then there is my fascination in watching people. God most definitely has a sense of humor! That's all I'm saying on that!!! ;-p
     And I've written many times over the years, about how I enjoy observing the beauty in nature, as well as watching the antics of the animals and critters God created.
     Often when cooking, I figure out when I've added the right amount of something to what I'm making, by 'eyeballing it'. It takes vision to do such.
     I could go on with the examples, but I won't, although your welcome to in your comments back to me! (hint, hint!).
     I am just very thankful that God blessed me with good eye sight!
     Now true, it isn't as good as it use to be. I wasn't sure how I felt about the eye Dr. telling me he could tell I had read books at night by flashlight 8-/. I did however think it was kind of brassy of him o;-p. So I am also thankful that they have come so far with glasses, that I can still read. Whether it be things up close, or far away o;-p.

Another blog site has taken up our "I'm Thankful for: Challenge"  :-D
The 2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge  Participants:

DeAnna from Coffee On The Table

Cate from Call Me Cate

'my' Kate, via her Facebook page

Martha (MM) from Meandering - Martha

Katy Lin  from The Great Adventure
 
The 2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge   - if you don't know what this is, follow the lead on our side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]