We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nov. 2010, "I'm Thankful for: "

    "In the past, I have talked about how being thankful is an attitude. An attitude that we should adopt. We need to strive to be 'the glass is half full' type of people.  Having a thankful attitude creates a far more positive outlook / perspective on life, thus drastic improving our 'coping with life' skills."

     The things I listed as being thankful for, during our
           "2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge :

Nov. 1st - "Thank-you God, for loving me, and for having put actions to your words (of love) over and over again in my life. I am ever so thankful!!!!"
Nov. 2nd - "My freedom as an American citizen to vote."
Nov. 3rd - "I am very thankful that I don't have to adapt on a regular basis. Thank you Lord for the 'creature comforts' you have provided us in our home!!!!"
Nov. 4th - "The fact that my husband is not only my husband, but he is also my friend."
Nov. 5th - "The fact that friendships are not regulated or restricted by things such as the following examples."
Nov. 6th - "The fact that God granted me my hearts desire and allowed me to be a mom."
Nov. 7th - "I am very very thankful that God chose to have me be born during the current time period, with all of the 'modern conveniences'/ 'creature comforts' we have in our home."
Nov. 8th - "I am ever so glad that I have friends!!! You have chosen to like me. WOW! I am so-o-o-o thankful!!!"
Nov. 9th - "Being raised in a home by two parents, who loved one another"
Nov. 10th - "Living in the State of Michigan".
Nov. 11th - "The people whom have served (and are serving) in the various military branches of the United States." "I personally know many whom have previously served. I also know a lot whom currently are. To both sets - I say THANK-YOU!!! Thank-you for willingly participating in going up against the evil political type powers in this world, to fight for the freedoms of the rest of us. I salute you!!!!!"
Nov. 12th - "The fact that God gave me cooking and baking as hobbies / interests."
Nov. 13th - "Music. o/~ "
Nov. 14th - "That God also allotted me the honor and privilege of becoming a grandma :->!!!
Nov. 15th - "The advances that modern medicine has made!"
Nov. 16th - "The fact that we now have U-Verse TV."
Nov. 17th - "Being 'gifted' with creativity."
Nov. 18th - "Brian. My husband. He loves me! And for that, I am very very thankful!!!
Nov. 19th - "Having been born with good eye sight."
Nov. 20th - "I'm thankful for the 'make your taste buds smile, edible type' of pie.
Nov. 21st - "The honor, privilege and fun I have in being an Aunt."
Nov. 22nd - My bed. " Lord, thank you for the luxury of a comfortable bed!"
Nov. 23rd - "Having been 'gifted' with an active imagination."
Nov. 24th - "Food. Delicious, "oh this is g-o-o-d! ", taste buds tantalizing, food." (this one also included a quote from Brian's Face-book page, as well as, "Twas The Night Of Thanksgiving" )
Nov. 25th - "
my thorns"
Nov. 26th - asked a question about thankfulness
Nov. 27th - "
The fact that I am not like everybody else."
Nov. 28th - "Our 'creature comforts' called pets!
Nov. 29th -  "Thank-You God for your amazing wondrous love for me. WOW!!!!"
Nov. 30th - "Humor"

      In the original posting about this challenge, I had mentioned the quote our eldest son had used as his high school Sr. quote. I had later said, that I was very thankful for humor!
The other night he sent me a text message (which he then posted on his Face-book page) of a different take on that quote:
"your mother doesn't see half empty or half full, she sees a potential mess that needs cleaned".  I tell ya, "I get no respect". But I do get love. And humor. And I am thankful for both!!!

   
Often in coping with "life" you have two choices, you can cry and/or lose your sanity - or - you can find a way to laugh.
     Now true, sometimes your crying while your laughing. And sometimes while laughing you do question just how sane you really still are .... But the old saying that "laughter is the best medicine" holds a boat load of truth. And it's a HUGE boat!! ;-p

- - :-) - - :-) - - :-) - - :-) - - :-) - - :-) - - :-)
You might also enjoy these postings on the subject of Blessings:

- -
o/~ "Count your blessings, name them one by one,... o/~

- - o/~ "Be thankful for the good things that you've got,... o/~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


this concludes this years "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge.

Will we do it again next year?  You'll have to come back then and see ... o;-p

But for now, we would like to thank those who took the challenge with us:
DeAnna from Coffee On The Table

Cate from Call Me Cate

'my' Kate, via her Facebook page

Martha (MM) from Meandering - Martha
 
Katy Lin  from The Great Adventure

THANK-YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]