We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nov. 18th - I'm Thankful for: "

     Brian. My husband. It's his birthday today :-).
     On Nov. 4th, I posted: "The fact that my husband is not only my husband, but he is also my friend."
     As many of you whom have known me for years know, I had once been 'engaged' to a different guy. No, he hadn't yet officially given me an engagement ring. My parents had stated that I had to finish high school first. But the agreement between the two of us had been, that we were engaged.
     And then God started showing me that while he was a nice guy, he wasn't right for me.
     Being the ever so submissive person that I am (o;-p), I fought God for months over it. Not a wise move. Nope. Man is God ever persistent about 'getting his way'!! He wore me down. And He opened my eyes. Eventually I said that I would break up with the guy, but then I added "But only for the summer. You have till I start college to prove to me that I'm doing the right thing God!" (Nope, I'm not a bit stubborn. ;-p)
     But God won. He was ever so right!!! Looking back over our marriage, I can not imagine going through a lot of what we have, with that other guy as my husband. Like I said, he was a nice guy. In no way am I trying to 'tear him down'. It's just that "we" weren't right.
     But Brian has been an amazing husband to me! He  - Loves - Me! And he finds little ways to demonstrate that to me, all of the time!
     Like last night. He watched the Thanksgiving themed cook-off between Iron Chef's Bobby Flay and 'The Pioneer Women' (Ree Drummand) with me. We both highly enjoyed it! But afterwords, he went into the DVR settings, and changed the setting for that particular recording from "Save till the space is needed" to "Save till I delete it". His explanation for doing so? "You really like her, and I know that your going to want to show it to some of your friends." Does he know me or what? But the cool part is, he not only knows me, but those little things matter to him. How cool is that?!?!!! I am so-o-o-o blessed!
     Like I shared in that Nov. 4th posting, "I am well aware that not every wife can state such. (then it was about how not every wife can state that her husband is also her friend. But it also applies to, not every women can state that her husband cares about the little things that matter to her.) I wish they could! My heart is very heavy for some friends that can't. It has been so heart warming to watch as my prayers in this area have been being answered for one particular friend! Thank-you Lord!!! Now, about those other ones..... o;-p"
    I remember one time y-e-a-r-s ago, when we were so far past broke (at least from our perspective). I had not had any Pepsi in over a week and a half. Honest! And I hadn't been complaining either. That wouldn't have helped the situation at all! But late one night, upon arriving home from a catering job, Brian presented me with a big 3-liter (they marketed those for just a short amount of time) of Pepsi. I tell you, it was like he was presenting me with multiple dozens of roses!!!!! How was he able to suddenly do it? The job he had worked that night, had given him a cash tip. We had been praying it would, the gas tank really needed it. But he said that HE wanted to put some 'go-juice' in my tank as well ;-p. So-o-o sweet! So thoughtful! So loving!!!
    No, Brian and I do not always see eye to eye on everything. Nor is he perfect. But I love him. And he loves me! And for that, I am very very thankful!!!
      

The 2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge   - if you don't know what this is, follow the lead on our side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]