We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nov. 11th - "I'm Thankful for: "

    The people whom have served (and are serving) in the various military branches of the United States.
     Here in America, it is 'Veterans Day'. It is a day the government has set aside to honor those people. Without them and their service and sacrifices, we would not have the freedoms that we do.
     On Nov. 2nd, I wrote about our freedom to vote. Many Americans took action on that particular freedom that day and did turn out to vote. Due to their votes, there are many changes headed to governmental circles come Jan..
     As Americans, we have many more freedoms besides the right to vote. I could go on and on with listing them. But they are not what this particular "I'm Thankful for:" posting is about. Today's posting is about the people whom served o/~ "To give those rights to me" o/~ as one country song so beautifully puts it / talks about. (No, I can't remember the male singers name right now. 8-/ . I could however sing you the whole song ;-p).
     I know I have talked about today's subject matter in various postings over the years. My eyes are not up to scanning our old site looking for them today. Be fore-warned - at some point in time, I shall! o:-) For it is a subject which matters to me!
     As many of you will remember, our son Brent had tried to enlist in the military, but was unable to due to previous injuries. Part of this mother's heart was relieved. I won't lie. While I was proud as heck that he was willing to step up and willingly serve us - his fellow countrymen; I was never-the-less scared of losing him in / due to that there process.Then again, as we again experienced around here this week, your child doesn't have to be in the military for you to lose them at an young age. It's just that in our minds at least, the odds of it happening, are way higher!!!
     I know that some people whom are in the military, never even leave American soil. Some never leave sitting behind a desk. But many others do. Many others experience all kinds of terror. Many get horribly wounded. Many come back with emotional challenges. And even the ones that don't get wounded or extremely emotionally scared, get changed. It is impossible to go through what they do and not be. Period.
      I personally know many whom have previously served. I also know a lot whom currently are. To both sets - I say THANK-YOU!!! Thank-you for willingly participating in going up against the evil political type powers in this world, to fight for the freedoms of the rest of us. I salute you!!!!!


The 2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge   - if you don't know what this is, follow the lead on our side bar

1 comment:

  1. from 'my' Kate's Face-book page - "Today I am thankful for all the men and women who put their lives, families, and everything else on the line so I can complain about doing a little extra homework. You awe and inspire me. Thank you for everything, current, former, and future members of the Armed Forces!"

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]