We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nov. 23rd - "I'm Thankful for: "

    Having been 'gifted' with an active imagination.
    Notice that I did NOT say, an 'overactive' imagination!!! !  There are some in my life whom have claimed that. On a regular basis. Yet another example of me having a different perspective on things than some do. o;-) !!
    On Nov. 17th, I wrote about being thankful for being 'gifted' with creativity. Let me tell you, having an active imagination aids creativity greatly!!! When you don't always see things only being usable as what they were perhaps originally designed to be used as, is a combination of both imagination and creativity. Being able to take something you have, (sometimes 'tweak' it a little) and use it for some entirely different purpose, is a very useful 'gift' to have. It also aids the budget greatly!!! Looking at things that way is just so normal for me, that I often find myself getting frustrated or annoyed with those whom don't.
    An example. Yes, you have already served this and that for meals. It does not mean that you therefore can not serve those items again. You just combine some of the ingredients from the two and come up with a totally different way of presenting them, thereby earning "Bingo!".
    Another example. You don't always have to go out and buy new. Look around at what you already have. If you combine this thing from over here, and that thing from over there, you can have them work for the general idea your going for, and thus be frugal (or a better steward of your money) about the whole thing! 
    Imagination also helps you add fun to life. In the middle of a multi-day snow storm, when you anchor blankets all of the way around your dining room table, thus creating a 'tent' and put sleeping bags inside, and read your children books by flashlight before their naps, that is using your imagination! And it adds fun to life. And it helps channel all of the energy they have not been able to get out-of-doors and run off. Bonus!!!
    Another example. Near the end of February, when you are oh-so-ready for winter to be over, and the taste of picnic foods keep coming to mind, so much so that your taste-buds are r-e-a-l-l-y longing for them, clear the middle of the living room floor, put down a plastic summer themed table cloth, turn on every light possible in the living room, close the curtains so you can't see what the weather is really doing outside, put 'Beach Boys' music on the tape or CD player, fix a couple of your favorite picnic type foods, and have a picnic right there in the middle of your living room!!! THAT's using your imagination! THAT's adding fun to life!! And THAT will help you make it through till warm weather does again return to your area!
    [For the record (of which I still have the same opinion about as I did yesterday :-o), yes, I do realize that the second sentence in the above paragraph, is an extremely long run-on sentence. The type that would have made my English teachers, as well as my 'English Major' mom, shudder. But hey, at least I used commas. :-D.  o;-p.]
    Like I said, Looking at things from an imaginative perspective is just so normal for me, that I often find myself getting frustrated or annoyed with those whom don't. Not only are they not always as frugal as they could be. But they also miss out on a whole lot of fun. And similar to what I had said about being 'gifted' with creativity, I just plain get my own version of an adrenaline high out of using my imagination . Weird? Maybe. But I honestly don't mind if I am. I ENJOY doing so!


The 2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge   - if you don't know what this is, follow the lead on our side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]